RY not generating requirement ID.
Hi Adrien. Further to https://playsql.atlassian.net/browse/RY-112
We are now seeing Requirements Yogi not suggest the next sequential number for the requirement macro. Instead of seeing "Create REQ-138", every time the macro is inserted it says "Example: REQ-001". And it lets the user create REQ-001, even though that exists already.
I had a user try to create what I know to be the next sequential by typing in manually REQ-0137, saving her page, and then inserting a new macro on a different page. It still says "Example: REQ-001"
Please advise ASAP how to fix this. We did try disabling and re-enabling the add-on.
Since there was no answer, I've closed the issue, but please feel free to reopen it when needed.
I have performed two changes in the newly published version, 1.7.0:
In the Requirement Yogi administration, when you send a support request, it will also send the latest error, if it can find it. Please use it if you meet any issue again, I hope it will help us solve the issue.
I have found a situation which you may have fallen into: If users aren't using leading zeros (for example, if requirements are named REQ-98, REQ-99, REQ-100, REQ-101...), then Requirement Yogi wasn't be able to suggest keys. This one is now fixed, which means after "444.99", "444.100" will be suggested.
It also means that I have spent time investigating whether it was an MS SQL issue and it wasn't. We just haven't had people until now who weren't using padded numbers.
I believe the issue I've fixed is a good step and may be the origin of your problem. I'm looking forward to getting your feedback on the new suggestions.
In parallel of our other email discussions, let's solve this issue. Melissa and Lara, are you both using Microsoft SQL Server? Can either of you submit new logs of Confluence while the error is happening? The current file atlassian-confluence.log, attached to this issue, doesn't provide any visible information (I'm looking for a "stacktrace"). Thank you.
Hi there. Since we have had no response from you in over two months on this issue, we have decided to pull the plugin from our test and production environments and will not be renewing our support contract when it is due.
This issue has caused us a great deal of time to re-work our Confluence business requirements solution, as it had been built to be heavily dependent on the tool.
The functionality of the plug-in very much suited our needs, however, the lack of support is not something we can risk in our production environments.
We are also seeing this issue. We have Requirement Keys example "444.13" and when we use the request the next Requirement Key we see "REQ-001".