Very low performance
we are using Requirement Yogi and create many pages for our requirement but the pages loading is very slow, if we edit a table , saving the page take a long time, I want to know is there any configuration for this problem, we dont have any problem with other pages, is there any restriction in number of rows or i dont know any restriction in your add-on? this performance is OK?
I have improved many things about performance in this release (1.11.4):
I have grouped repeated queries, so you can expect better performance,
If you upgrade to Confluence 6.0.3 or above, you will also benefit from database indexes on columns. If you don't intend to upgrade (since 5.10.3 is already 2 years old), you can also manually add those indexes.
There are a few technical details on this page.
I'll close this issue temporarily, but please do comment and/or reopen it if it doesn't improve your performance. If you reopen, I would be glad if you could tell me the ping time between your Confluence server and the database.
I was able to reproduce the issue and I have to confirm that, yes, creating 400 requirements on a single page has slowed down considerably in the last releases.
I will improve the algorithm (perhaps I can postpone some tasks until after the page is displayed to the user). I will also close RY-246, if you don't mind, since I assume it's a duplicate.
I'm overloaded with work at the moment, I'm onboarding 3 interns for the summer who should add new features to the product, but that also means I'm behind in terms of support, and I know I can't start working on yours until Tuesday.
With the figures you've provided, I have to reproduce and check what could be improved in the algorithm that parses requirements. I have tried with a few pages with 2000 requirements in each, but it didn't take more than a few seconds to save a page – I'll try again with yours). Honestly, I am very surprised that it takes so long. I would assume I need to find a way to add indexes on the columns that are often looked up (AO_32F7CE_AOREQUIREMENT -> REQKEY, SPACEKEY, BASELINE, and also AO_32F7CE_AODEPENDENCY -> same 3 columns).
I know in advance that it's also going to take a long time because "AO" (the Atlassian framework to create table) doesn't handle the differences between databases (there are constant problems between MySQL, Oracle, Postgres and MS SQL Server).
In the meantime, if you have a skilled database administrator, he could try to add those indexes, until the next release.
Could you please support Us?!!
- We have many requirement pages, but there are almost 40 pages with more than 300 requirements per page
- Displaying those pages take significant time, and saving those pages take much more time (few minutes)
- Total number of requirements in ECMT space must be around 15000.
I captured the log for 10 minutes and there was not no error, just in confluence log I find below line many times that I dont know is related to your add-ons or not:
url: /display/SWC/ALFU+Dictionary | page: 12424810 | traceId: 7e2b363d47d3f0a6 | userName: N.Ghadiri104383 | referer: http://192.168.5.62:8090/ | action: viewpage
2018-05-10 10:58:15,017 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-748] [xhtml.view.macro.ViewMacroMarshaller] handleMacroExecutionException Executing the 'requirement' macro exceeded the timeout of 120 seconds by 53 milliseconds
We have many other pages with more than 250 lines but there is no problems with them